View Research Notes
These numbers are Education Trust—West’s estimates, based on calculations described in CCR § 15496. Your district may have more detailed figures. Assumptions in our calculations include:
• LCFF Funding rate: We use the Department of Finance forecasts. Our assumptions are: 2015-16: 51.97%, 2016-17: 49.08%, 2017-18: 45.34%
• COLA growth: We use Department of Finance forecasts: 2015-16: 1.02%, 2016-17: 1.47%, 2017-18: 2.13%
• Percentage low-income/English learner/foster youth: CDE certification from June 2015.
• Average Daily Attendance: We use 2014-15 P2 ADA from the California Department of Education, unless we have received better numbers from the district for future years. We do not adjust for either rising or declining enrollment for future years unless we receive better ADA projections from the district.
• Baseline for Supplemental and Concentration grants: For purposes of this analysis, we assume that each district is using Economic Impact Aid from 2012-2013 to calculate its baseline. If the district asks us to change these numbers and provides us with sufficient details on its “proportionality” calculation, we may update this figure.
• Excluded Districts: We have excluded districts serving 100 students or fewer (using ADA). This site does not include charter schools or county offices of education.
• Base grant add-ons: Included in the base grant calculation are the following add-ons: K-3 and 9-12 grade-level adjustments, Targeted Instructional Improvement Grant, and Home-to-School Transportation.
• Academic results: 2015 CAASPP results and 2014 cohort graduation rates.